KIDNEY BIOPSY RESULTS
- Stage 4 (out of 5 stages) - I'm at the VERY beginning of this stage
- Lupus activity is HIGH - almost 50% of my kidneys are affected by the lupus
- Chronicity Index (long term damage) is LOW - only 8% (this is good news!)
- Reversible if treated properly and promptly
RHEUMATOLOGIST'S PLAN
- Continue with HIGH dosages of steroids and MAX dosages of CellCept
- Referred me to a nephrologist for a 2nd opinion - appt on Wed, Nov 17
- See rheum again on 30 Nov to evaluate how well the steroid/CellCept treatment is doing
- Go back in 3 months for another evaluation of the meds... if at this point he does not feel that this is working, then we are looking at CHEMO
- He's VERY hopeful that he can control the situation without chemo and I'm willing to try anything to avoid chemo!
Overall, I was actually pretty happy with how this went. Stage 4 is quite serious, but I really think we caught it early enough that if we stay on top of it, it shouldn't get any worse and can only get better. At least that is what I'm holding on to. I totally believe in the power of positive thinking. And our thoughts are about the only thing in this world that we have ABSOLUTE control over. So I can promise you all that I will be doing my part in the positive thinking department! =)
"Avoid entertaining the concept of the worst, for whatever you take into your mind can grow there." Norman Vincent Peale
-----***----***----***----***----***----***----***-----
CERVICAL CANCER BIOPSY RESULTS
- NO cancer!!! YAY!!! (at this point)
- Mild cervical displaysia
- Pre-cancerous cells from 3.5 years ago are still present, plus some new ones have shown up
- If left untreated, doc is fairly confident this WILL turn to cervical cancer, therefore he opted for cryotherapy
DR.'S PLAN
- Cryotherapy scheduled for Dec 9th,
- Biggest concern is that the medication I take for treating lupus is wiping out my immune system, creating a wonderful environment for cancer to grow, so they have to watch this closely
-----***----***----***----***----***----***----***-----
This makes me SO happy Bev! God is sooooo good! You will continue to be in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteHUGS
ps ... blog is back up and running!