Thursday, July 21, 2011

Fun Day

Emma, Wes and I have been cooped up in this house for about a week now, so we decided to head down to LA to walk through the fabulous



I wasn't sure how well this would go, but I figured Wes might like it since he LOVES both of these movies:



And what a big hit this adventure was!  We ALL LOVED it!  Emma thought it was great that the animals "stood still" long enough for her to look at them... unlike at the zoo.  :)



When we went through the Hall of African Mammals, Emma could name just about every one of them and demonstrate what sound they made.  She did pretty well in the Hall of North American Mammals too, she even knew what a hyena was. 

She called it a "hi-knee" though... took me a minute to figure out what she was saying, I thought she was talking about her butt and had to go potty!  I kept asking her if she needed a new diaper.  She'd say, "No, 'hi-knee'"  LOL, oh some day I'll figure out this 2 year old's language!  :)

Wes loved the dinosaur exhibits and the bird lagoon the most.  He thought the gynormous skeleton of the fin whale hanging from the ceiling was pretty amazing too. 

Love this photo!  He's such a character, so funny!

♥ Hello cuteness ♥

She really liked this polar bear... it was right at eye level for her.  She kept saying, "Hi... how are ya?" 

        She really loved the Discovery Zone.  So many things out for her to actually touch and feel.  Perfect for curious little minds!

Wes could NOT believe Shamu came all the way from San Diego to see him at the museum!


Ever the huntsman, Wes especially loved the dear exhibit.

And look at this beauty!  Now THAT'S a quilt!

We had a really fun day today!  They both did really well in the heat and on the drive through downtown LA.  Wes kept saying, "There are too many cars"  hahahha - I agree!  Too many cars. 

On the way home, Wes went through all the animals he saw.  Then he laid his head back and said,

"I'm happy.  Thank you for taking me to the museum." 



Awe, you're most welcome, Wes.  It was my pleasure.

(He's such a polite guy. Mom, you did good!)

1 comment:

  1. Great photos!!! Im glad you guys enjoyed the day!! I got so tickled with the hi knee thing haha!! Emma you are adorable! And we'd I love the goofy picture of the dino lokin like he was gonna bite ya great pictures and thank you for sharing your adventure!

    ReplyDelete