Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sea World and Playing Around

Every year Wes comes to stay with us over the summer.  Sometimes its a month, sometimes its 3 months. 
And we love it.  Not only is he a super cool guy, but he's very helpful around the house.  As a reward for all the extra stuff he does to help us out, we treat him to one of his FAVORITE places on earth:


Sea World in San Diego, CA


I told Emma that we were going to see Shamu and she, "who?"


I said, "Shamu, you know the giant whale like on your shirt."

She, "YIPPPEEEEE"


You can't tell it, but Uncle Wes also has his Shamu shirt on.  They were twins today.

Heading outside for a few photos before we got in the car for the 3.5 hour drive.

Yay, both looking at the camera and smiling.

Best out of 5 for getting all 3 of us somewhat looking AND smiling at the camera. :)

Waiting to go into the park.

One more photo with our hats and shades on.

Emma checking out this lizard at the "Meet the Animals" section

Wes excited for the dolphin show!

Me looking like the Jolly Green Giant.  Really I'm just trying to avoid a lupus flare.  There is absolutely NO shade in the stadium.  I had to cover all exposed skin.  I was pretty successful in not getting sunburned today, but my hands and joints were pretty swollen by the time we headed home.  Ahhh, such is life with lupus.

My two "gingers" waiting for the show to start.

We had a wonderful time at Sea World today.  Uncles Wes said that Shamu waved at him, Wesley Kocher.  Then he said he LOVED Shamu.
And ever the polite guest, he thanked both Brian and I for taking him to see Shamu.  He said he never wants to leave California. ♥


These next photos I took last night while Emma and Uncle Wes were playing around on the floor.

Emma trying to get a piggy back ride.

Whoopsi - got on the wrong way!

Kisses!

Just relaxin'

They have really taken to each other.  Uncle Wes likes playing peek-a-boo and making the different animal sounds with her.  And she likes saying, "Unca Waaaeeeessss"

So far they are having fun!

Well this chica is all tired out.  Enjoy the photos.

3 comments:

  1. OH, you are all making memories. So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like everyone had a great time! How great is it that Emma gets to see her Uncle Wes for so long in the summer!?!?! And you are a great sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies!
    We had such a great time and Wes really loves seeing Shamu! He talks about it all year even.

    ReplyDelete