A lot has been going on here at the Knaup household!
We moved and are in the process of getting our other house ready to rent out... busy busy busy.
During our move, we realized that we had way too much stuff for 3 people so we went through EVERYTHING and donated a bunch.
Our new policy is "less is more". Brian and I both like simple things, simple decorations, simple lives... less stress... less hussle and bussle.
As I was going through all my military uniforms, Emma wanted to try on my old flight boots...
her expression or ... lack there of... cracks me up in this photo
Then I told her to try walking around...
"whooooaaaa"
then she fell down... hehheheeh
The other day I was laying her down for a nap
and she kept saying
"couch... please you're welcome"
and I said,
"no, you're sleeping in your bed."
Well after a few minutes of kicking and screaming,
she stopped crying and said,
"couch... please you're welcome".
So I said,
"show me what you mean?"
She went out into the living and brought her pink princess sofa back to her crib and managed to hoist it up there all by herself.
Take a look...
I said, "You are so silly!" She just giggled...
So I let her sleep on her couch in her crib...
parenting... all about picking your battles...
We put our tree up as well. This was so much fun with her! She could not get over the fact that we were putting a tree INSIDE the house.
She really liked putting the ornaments on with Daddy...
Then she liked taking the ornaments OFF by herself... hmmm, going to have to watch her this year!
Tried to get a photo of us ... it never works out!
One of us is usually looking at the camera and the other one has their head down...
But I think this one turned out okay...
... good enough at least :D
Most evenings after dinner this is where we find her... laying under the tree looking at the lights.
or she's sitting here watching the fire in the fireplace
♥ I dearly love this photo ♥
And a short little video. Emma has started laughing sort of obnoxiously ... which isn't really surprising that she's kind of sarcastic considering her parents... actually I think it's quite hilarious.
Hope you all have a Very Merry Christmas!
I couldn't agree more; pick your battles. And, this really isn't a battle. I love creative children. And, you have one Beverly. Merry Christmas
ReplyDeletei think this is my favorite round of playing with my new toy your so much fun .... and a delightful Mother... with the cutest little elf ever... i am really kicking myself for not doing cookies with you... doggone it... but we will get together soon dear friend.... she is doing so well with her colors and singing and well she'll get the potty thing soon enough lol.... Love you Beverly with all my heart... see you soon Angel woman!
ReplyDelete