BIG BIG BIG thank you to my intelligent friend Marilyn for helping me with my photo uploading problem.
You rock, Marilyn!
***♥***
Emma got about 2 weeks of a break from preschool, so we took full advantage of playing with her.
We made indoor tents.
Played "flash light tag" in the dark.
Put lots of stickers on her face.
And I put her to work rolling skeins of yarn into balls. This is something I can remember doing for my mom when I was little. She'd be crocheting an afghan and I would roll the yarn into balls for her.
We also played with 2 of her new games she got from Santa:
Connect Four
&
Twister.
For a good laugh, I highly recommend inviting Brian over to play a game of Twister... just saying.
***♥***
When Brian wasn't playing around with different colored dots on the floor, he was busy with his outside project:
BACK YARD PATIO
This is what our driveway looked like for about a week.
Beginning photo
Emma did her part as well... one tiny shovel full at a time.
He's laying the same patio stones in the backyard that he put in the front.
Emma had to check out the size of it to make sure it was big enough.
She decided it needed to be "bike tested" as well.
Putting in the final nails for the edging. She was quite the supervisor.
It's all finished she says!!!
I think it turned out great! He worked really hard on it. We still have a LONG way to go with the backyard, but it's going to be a beautiful little oasis when he's all finished.
***♥***
While those two were busy outside
Brooklyn and I took lots of naps. =D
She's even trying to sit up by herself.
She does pretty good for about 3-4 seconds, then that big ol' noggin of hers weighs her down and she starts leaning one way or the other.
She's even started holding her bottle now.
We had her 4 month check up this week and doc says she's perfectly healthy!
She gained 3 lbs and grew 2 inches since her 2 month check up. But it looks like she's going to be a short one. Her length is in the 5th percentile.
I told her that that was just fine because "great things come in small packages"
***♥***
One of my requests for the new year was to hire a personal trainer. Well, after looking into it and considering our expenses, we decided to go with the one we could afford. She's new to this, but VERY tough!
Look at those guns. Clearly she knows what she's doing.
She's got great form too.
And doesn't show me any mercy!
This photo is for my friend Lea. I told her that I liked to crochet granny squares while I do my 30 min on the elliptical. I'm not sure she totally believed me, so I had Brian take this picture.
Brian thinks it's hilarious that I can't just workout, that I have to have something to do.
I said, "Well how else am I going to finish up this afghan?
I can't wait to see it all finished.
Last year I did a 10 day juice detox and decided that I'd do it again this year.
It's not very fun or easy. Takes a lot of discipline to only drink juice while the rest of your family is eating delicious smelling food.
But I believe the health benefits far out weigh the sacrifices. Especially with all the medication I put in my body during the previous year, this is a great way to cleanse my body.
Plus, I always feel great after the first 3 days are over. I have more energy, less water retention, my blood work always comes back great, and I drop a few pounds of water weight while I'm on it.
Even Dr. Ahmed thinks it's a great idea. He watches me closely while I'm on it, just to make sure nothing flares up my lupus.
So I had my trainer try some juice to see what she thought of it. Mind you, it doesn't *look* like it would be very good, but if you put enough fruit in with the veggies, you can usually tolerate it.
Looks like she approves!!! Actually, she loves the juice and always wants her own bottle.
My trainer is trying to build her resume and wanted me to post my before and after results in case any of you are interested in hiring her. She said she's trying to make enough money to buy a yellow skateboard since Santa didn't bring her one. ;)
I haven't lost all the baby weight yet, but I'm getting really close. So if you think you might want to hire her, just let me know and I'll pass along the information. But I must warn you, she's pretty tough!
Well, I think this post is probably long enough for this week. I'm super excited about this weekend. I will be hob-nobbing with some big wigs from the Lupus Foundation of America Saturday evening and I. CAN'T. WAIT. So excited! I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes!
Thanks for checking in.
Have a great weekend!

The backyard is off to a great start! WAY TO GO BRIAN! I know that is definately back breaking work. You all will enjoy the results daily I'm sure. Emma as your trainer cracks me up. That sweet little voice will be a great pusher! Brooklyn is getting so big. And yarnwork while you workout? You are nonstop! lol Results are fabulous though - great figure and a beautiful afghan. I'd say "Queen of Multi-tasking" for sure! LOVE YOU! Lori
ReplyDeleteWow your sweet family has it all.... i Love your posts and updates... Brian is amazing works so hard and so does Emma.... she is going to make a very successful trainer.... Love the patio inspector so much.... awwww Brooklyn.... such a cutie....Bev you are the most wonderful woman super-mom-wife-arteeeeest. So glad you wandered in for a haircut that day it is a delight to know you....and of course your beautiful family... hope to see you guys soon. Love you.....gma barb
ReplyDeleteOhhhh, I'm so glad it worked for you. I wouldn't have wanted to miss this delightful and newsy post. Brian is doing a great job on that patio and it looks like he has tackled a big job. You are all talented. Heaps of hugs,
ReplyDeleteMarilyn
NOW I KNOW how you do it all!!!! I cannot believe that you can work out and keep yourself that steady to do other activities! Girl you crack me up!!! Can we hire Brian to do a small patio like that for us???? LOL we need one from our pool to our pool fence gate as a walk path! Looks like everyone is doing great!!! You still amaze me every day! Can't wait to hear about your event Saturday!
ReplyDelete