Many of you know that we participate in the Lupus Foundation of America's 5K fundraiser every year.
I have been battling this disease for over 7 years now.
Like life there have been ups and downs in my journey, but above all, I've always had HOPE that one day we will find a cure.
I walk for myself.
I walk for my girls and my husband.
I walk in memory of my cousin, Diane.
Only 17 years old when Lupus claimed her life.
I walk in memory of my dear friend's mother, Angie.
Angie was 22 years old when Lupus claimed her life.
Leaving 2 young children behind, one being my friend,
who was only 2 years old when this happened.
And lastly, I walk in memory my Uncle Lary.
I couldn't find a photo of him, but since I created a star for him on my quilt,
I think this will do.
My uncle was 74 years old.
Shortly after being diagnosed with lupus earlier this year,
he took his own life.
He must have felt there was
NO HOPE.
And this breaks my heart.
Because if we don't have HOPE,
then what are we fighting this disease for?
This year I'm dedicating the walk to my Uncle.
We must keep HOPE alive.
Please.
I beg you.
Help me reach my fundraising goal of $2,000 for this year's
You can make a secure, online donation by clicking on this link:
The walk is 13 Sept.
No amount is too small.
All contributions to keeping HOPE alive are greatly appreciated.
May all my Lupus angels Rest in Peace.
Your pain is over.
Let me carry the torch.
I will take on this burden and fight for all of us.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post.
I HOPE you will join me in finding a cure for LUPUS.
xoxo



I love you! Lori
ReplyDeleteThank you for dedicating this to him. He would tell you that the tractor is much better then a picture of himself! LOL Always, always keep the hope because it is your best weapon! Love you! Brenda
ReplyDelete