
Tuesday night we attended a launch party for this year's walk in September. It was held at 
There was quite a crowd there, we shared a table with a really nice family. Though by the look on Emma's face, you wouldn't think so! She kept staring them down, maybe she thought they were going to raise more money than us! (o ye of little faith Emma!)
This is Chrisi Rauth, she is the Los Angeles walk manager.
This is Wendy Rodgers, she was featured on www.oprah.com/lupus . Her story is incredible - I highly recommend reading it!

Christi asked everyone to put all their loose change into a bucket so she could give the entire amount as a donation to someone's individual fundraising site! Everyone put their name in for the drawing and guess who was the lucky winner!!!?!??!!?
YES!!!! I won! The total was $78.39 - how awesome is that?!
So after all that excitement we headed to our hotel for the evening

Residence Inn Mariott by Disneyland - they upgraded our room to the PENT HOUSE Suite for FREE!!!! Emma is getting so spoiled!

Here she is checking out the stairs, our room had 2 floors, it was like a small apartment!
.:*:. mesmerized .:*:.
she says, "look there's a loft"
"Dadda, you did GOOD! This place is AWESOME!"
Out on the balcony, trying to be brave enough to take a step. She's taken a couple steps already, but still prefers to crawl or be held. (little stinker!)
saying "HI" to all the people walking by on their way to Disneyland
This is how she likes to drink her milk now...

We took Emma to THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH
checking everything out
She woke up when they broke for intermission. So we walked around a bit and decided to see how she liked the second half of the show... let's take a look!
So overall, we had an AWESOME TIME! I got to meet lots of other women who deal with lupus on a daily basis just like I do. There is such an immediate and strong bond between two people who share a common struggle. I feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to spend time with them.
Please continue to bid on my butterfly quilt on eBay. It is raising a LOT of money and I can't thank you all enough. Here is the link:
And check out who's #1 in ALL of Los Angeles for INDIVIDUAL RANKINGS!!!!
I have a current total of $2,885
you are doing great! your little excursion sounds like fun! thanks for coming into town. as always, so nice to see you three!
ReplyDelete