Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Lupus Update

Just wanted to tell everyone who faitfully follows our blog an update on my lupus.  I am having a kidney biopsy done in the morning.  Doc wants to know at what stage my kidney failure is at and the biopsy will tell him that.  I've had several blood tests done and a few 24 hr urine collections and there's enough wrong with those results for the doc to be nervous about me losing a kidney.  He said depending on the results of the blood work, I will either start chemo treatments (pill form) or possibly even dialysis.  I'm hoping the biopsy results will not be as bad as he fears, but only time will tell.  I have my follow up appt in 2 weeks to see what's going on. 

Here's another photo of the rash, my bathroom light mellows it out a bit.  But it's pretty much your typical butterfly rash. 

 The rash is also spreading up my arms.  No I'm not trying to show off my guns! Aaron I know you were thinking it!  hehehe

Ok, well, maybe in this photo I am trying to give you tickets to the gun show.


Here is what my kitchen counter looks like.  I take these meds 1 to 2 times a day just to suppress the symptoms of my lupus.  I sure do wish they would find a cure for lupus.  I know I could find a better use for my counter tops.

Just wanted to let you all know what is what.
Thanks so much for everyone's kind words in emails and on facebook.  Having such a great support system is the best medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment