Last night we had a series of thunderstorms come through Southern California. We usually get rain this time of year, but not necessarily thunder and lightening. While I enjoyed God's fireworks, my body was BEGGING for mercy. There was not enough pain meds to comfort my aching, arthritic joints.
Here's what the doplar radar was showing. We live in Lancaster, which is just southeast of the big yellow blob in the center, which as you can tell was headed right for us and it showed up about 2 am.
My friend, Neal, got some AMAZING shots last night. Here's just one. To view the rest, please visit his photography site:
And here is what happens when I have a lupus flare. The rash is predominantly back, you can see the "butterfly" pattern across the bridge of my nose as well as the discoid lupus spreading down my cheeks. I've had absolutely zero sun exposure in that last 72 hours, so I know it's not from that. Just a lovely perk of having lupus. Luckily Brian and Emma don't seem to notice or care how red my cheeks are.
Weather man says this is supposed to start up again tonight. Oh joy!


No comments:
Post a Comment