We are 1 week into this new adventure with 2 successes!!!
Sunday night, I had put her on her little pink potty after dinner and we read her books and went over her flashcards and she pee'd!!!! The look on her face was priceless!!! She was so proud of herself.
All day today I kept asking her to go potty. She would sit there and nothing. We'd read books and sing songs, but she just wouldn't go. She would immediately go after I put her diaper on though (little stinker!)
THEN tonight she was playing around in the living room and ran over to her pink potty and said, "potty, potty, potty!"
So I got the potty out and got her on it. She just sat there, so I got her a book to look through and at about the 3rd page, I heard the wonderful little sound of a tinkle.
I was pretty excited about this because she actually said she needed to go potty, instead of me asking her if she needed to go! Hopefully that's a good sign that she's "getting" the hang of it.
YAY! What's my secret you say?
JELLY BELLY jelly beans from Costco!
She gets to have a jelly bean after pee'ing in the potty! She loves these things!!!!
Oh the things we do to bribe our kids!
I just hope she continues to want to use her potty. I know it may seem like we are starting early (she's only 20 months old) but Mom said I was already potty trained by now, so maybe it's not that early. I also have a very competitive streak and wanted to do everything my older brother Derek was doing... so maybe that is why I was potty trained already. We will see how she does. Trying to not put any pressure on her and let her figure it out on her own. Not to going to lie, I hope she takes to it rather quickly... I'd love to not spend so much $$$ on diapers! Sheesh-almighty are those expensive!
Wish us luck!
Wish us luck!

No comments:
Post a Comment