Monday, June 11, 2012

Big Day for Emma

This fall we are starting her at the Desert Montessori Academy


It's a private preschool that embraces the Montessori style of teaching.  We are very excited to have gotten her into this program and hope that she enjoys it too.


In order to get her ready, they allow the new kids to have some "drop in" days.  Just to get used to how it's going to be in the fall.


So today was her FIRST day!!!!

We started it out like we normally do, breakfast, get dressed, sit on the couch, read a few books...
She LOVES this book.  Just a book of all different kind of animals.  She especially loves it when Brian goes through it with her, he makes the BEST animal sounds.  Such a good Daddy! ♥



Me... getting ready to tell her that she's going to preschool today...


Oh the TEARS... bawhahhahah


I told her it was only for an hour and that I'd be right there to pick her up when it was time to go.

After I explained to her that there were going to be other kids there and that they would probably get to play outside, she perked up a bit.

I'm not sure how the subject came up, but I asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up and she thought about it for a bit and said,

"I be a doctor.... a good doctor."

I said, "Well that sounds like a good choice to me."



I think all my doctor appointments lately are influencing her.  I'm glad she clarified that she wanted to be a "good" doctor and not a different kind. hahhaha

I love this stage with her.  So precious.


So we headed to preschool and you know what? 

She did GREAT!

No tears. Looked a little scared at first, but waved goodbye to me and took the lady's hand and went on in. 

SO PROUD OF HER!
(not going to lie... Mommy cried a little in the car... )



So I headed to the park nearby and worked on my hand-pieced star quilt, known as my Traveling Quilt.   



After an hour, I went back to pick her up and they said she did great.  No tears.  She even told them when she had to "make yellow water" (i.e. go potty) and played very well with the other kids!


I asked her if she had fun and she said,
"Playing outside with the kids is AWESOME!"


I love this kid!

So we go back tomorrow and Wednesday to finish her trial run.  But I have a feeling, she's going to want to keep going all summer. 

When did my baby not become a baby anymore????

3 comments:

  1. I can still remember that time with mine. I too cried.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe!

      Emma really enjoyed her 3 days for practice preschool. I think this fall, when she goes full time, she will be in heaven!

      Delete
  2. Really sweet . Leo still cries when I drop him off at Daycare. 2.5yrs later. He will start preschool Jan 2013 as long as he is potty trained we r still working on that. SW

    ReplyDelete