Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Gma Jill, Family Resemblance and Health Update

Gma Jill is here!!!
Emma and Gma Jill reading a bedtime story.
 
Emma was a little shy at first around Gma Jill, but by the end of the night she was perfectly fine.  So much so that she didn't even complain or cry when Gma Jill gave her a bath and washed her hair.
 
And Brooklyn is doing so great.  Eating and pooping like a champ.  BIG milestone this week, we've finally been able to put her in a newborn onesie!  So she's definitely gaining weight. 
Such sweetness.
 
I think she's already sick of me always taking her picture.
(too bad kiddo - that's what you get for being so darn cute!)
 
We've been trying to figure out who she looks like
and I think Gma Jill nailed it... she said, "I think she looks like your sister, Lexanna"
 
Let's see.  Here's Lexanna's hospital photo:
Ohhhhh, I can DEFINITELY see SOME resemblances!!!  The eyes, a little bit in the nose, the pointy chin, the forehead... I do believe she favors Lexanna!  Brooklyn's face is more square and she clearly doesn't have as much hair.  But I'd say Lexanna is probably the closest match as to who Brooklyn looks like!  =D 
 
Speaking of Lexanna... it's her BIRTHDAY today!!!
it's hard to believe you are 14 already!
 
Happy Birthday!
(your card and present are going to be a little late this year...
but they are on their way I promise!)
 
I still remember when you were this big... 
... time sure does fly by!
 
 
HEALTH UPDATE: I couldn't be happier with how my appointment went today at the rheumatologist's!
 
Things are looking really good!  If you'd like to know specifics, please feel free to email me.  I do not wish to post details on this blog.   But Brian and I were extremely relieved to see how well my body and the lupus is responding to not being pregnant any more. 
 
Here's a photo of my medical chart and this is just at my rheumatologists's office.  This doesn't include anything from any of my other doctor's offices.
That's 5 years worth of labs and other tests ... every time I see this doctor, he always comments on how big my folder is and always asks the front desk lady to make me a new chart.  But I like this one.  It's a good visual of my lupus journey .
 
I love the saying,
"I may have LUPUS, but it does NOT have me."
 
I truly believe this.  And I feel like I'm not just SURVIVING with lupus, but THRIVING with lupus.
 
We are thankful for so much here at the Knaup household.
Hope you all have a wonderful week.

4 comments:

  1. So great to get an update. Brooklyn is a very beautiful baby. I think she looks just like Brooklyn! So happy to hear you are feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to here all is well :) hope things continue to go well:) Love Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see some "Kocher" in there. Those eyes .... your dad's.

    THRIVE ON! You keep showing lupus who's the BOSS!

    So pleased to hear all is well. Tell your doc to keep lugging that file around (it's like weight lifting, lol). Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep it up Bev I am glad to hear things are going so well Keep Smiling Katy

    ReplyDelete