Thursday, October 4, 2012

Time Keeps on Ticking... Into the Future

(That song is STUCK in my head today for some reason.)

At any rate, today is my ACTUAL due date for Miss Brooklyn and here she's already 4 weeks old!

 
When I found out we were having a girl, I was immediately drawn to an owl theme for her nursery... little did I know, that this precious little bundle was going to turn into a NIGHT OWL.
 
She sleeps all morning and most of the afternoon, then around dinner time she is just wide awake and stays that way till about midnight.  Luckily, she's not a fussy baby.  She just looks around and takes it all in.  And LOVES to be cuddled.
 
 
My sweet friend, Lyndsay, sent me her moby wrap and it has been a LIFESAVER with my little cuddle bug.  
(wow, I need a haircut! BARB please help.)
 
 
 
Today I took Brooklyn to get her 1 month photos. 
 
Here's a sneak peek:
melt my heart adorable



so full of personality this one is... I think she was getting sick of photos

this one cracks me up
LOVE LOVE LOVE
 
 
I am so so thankful I get to stay home with her.  I feel so lucky that Brian has provided a life for us in which I don't have to miss one moment with either of our girls' first 5 years. 
What a blessed life we live.
 
 
I have to show you all the most adorable owl quilt that my Aunt Mary made!  To the girls, we lovingly call her Gma Mary.  =D  
 
Is that not the cutest thing you've ever seen.
 
She hand-sewed/quilted the ENTIRE thing. 
 
Let's take a closer look:

She even embroidered sweet little animals on there.

And Brooklyn's name!
 
Thank you SO SO SO much Gma Mary, Aunt Becky, Aunt Rachael, and cousin Tammy for thinking of such an adorable gift for Brooklyn. 
 
I just love it.  It's so big and soft and squishy.  What a great keepsake for years to come.
 
Sending hugs to you all!!!
 
 
 
I have to tell you how PROUD I am of Emma.  She has really taken to the BIG Sister role.  Just check out some of these photos:
Such a good big sister.  And a CUTE one at that!

Before preschool yesterday, she asked me to take her picture with Brooklyn
 
 
And when I lay Brooklyn down for a nap or just to stretch out her legs, Emma is always checking on her and making sure she's okay.

Keeping watch.

She gets such a kick out of hearing the different noises Brooklyn makes.
 
Emma has been in preschool for a month now and we have noticed her vocabulary and social skills advancing by leaps and bounds.  She comes home and says some of the most random things, I just LOVE this age with her.  The conversations we have are so funny!  But probably the biggest difference is how independent she is becoming.
 
She now likes to make and pack her own lunch.
It's serious business.

Look how proud she is that she made all the little containers fit.
 
She's also been requesting her hair to be styled... and having had short hair for years now... I'm a little out of practice, but we're getting the hang of it.

Not too bad for a wiggly 3 year old and an out of practice french braid-er.
 
She's also been wanting to pick out her own outfits.
 
Here she chose a cute gray polk a dot top with skinny jeans and a side pony tail.

Girl's got style.
 
 
That's about it from our part of the country. 
Hope you all are doing well and having a great day.
 
Love,
the Knaup's
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. How adorabale. The photos anyways! I will "read" it later. I think I'll buy a bottle of baby powder to sniff while I read. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to see all the beautiful photos and hear about everyone!! You look amazing Bev!! Glad things are going well! I think about you all the time and thank you for sharing! The quilt is beautiful and wish I had that talent!!! Lots of love!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bev, Brooklyn looks like a baby doll. She is just precious! I am so happy for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a wonderful Mommy.... i Love you and Em and Brian and Brooklyn.... Emma is growing up so fast.... you did a beautiful braid. Man the kid Does have style. Love Love Love, GMA barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love this blog. I'm so glad you are able to stay home with your girls. It is the best of all.

    ReplyDelete