I mean Emma.
Can you find my cute little preschooler???
So adorable!
***WARNING***
Annoying part of the post where I brag relentlessly about my child.
Feel free to skip down to Emma's school photos.
We met with her teacher this week for our first ever "Parent/Teacher" conference. Emma is the youngest in the group and her teacher said that not only is Emma holding her own, but in some areas she is surpassing the older kids.
Teacher said she is just amazed at how quickly Emma learns things. I told her that she definitely takes after her daddy. He's one smart cookie!
Then the teacher said that Emma was excelling at MATH. I told her that that made sense. She said, "Oh why?"
I said, "Well Brian and I both have BS' in mechanical engineering. And Brian received his MS in mechanical/aero engineering and I have an MS in math."
<NERD ALERT>
Our poor girls don't have a chance of being cool.
Total nerds, for sure. =D
Along with math, Emma is also excelling at READING. Teacher was just in awe at how many words Emma knows and how well she can read She said she's never seen a 3 year old read words like
'hippopotamus'
'rhinocerus'
'gorrilla'
'giraffe'
'helicopter'
I LOVE LOVE LOVE that she loves to read. Can you tell we read a lot of books about animals? =D
And probably the best compliment of the day was when the teacher said that Emma is a very kind and caring person. She helps the other kids. Nurtures them if they are crying. Plays with them if they are by themselves. And shares the toys and work stations very well.
The only part of the evaluation that was not rated was Emma's ability to resolve conflict and this was because the teacher said that she has yet to be in an argument with any of the other kids.
♥♥♥
We are so PROUD of her. She is doing so great. AND she absolutely LOVES going to preschool.
***♥***
School pictures came back and these are our favorites:
I love that her toes are curled in this one.
***♥***
Brooklyn was all jealous because she didn't get to have school pictures taken, so I took some of her on Thanksgiving. Here she is working the camera...
this is her "Pop-Eye the Sailor" look
this is her "Getting Jiggy with it" look
this is her "I'm a happy baby" look
=D
***♥***
We did a few projects over Thanksgiving break. Not a whole lot, I wanted Emma to enjoy her time off from school.
TYING SHOES
(link found here: Shoe Tying Tutorial)
Basically I traced my shoes onto a piece of cardboard. Added some paint, poked some holes and laced them up.
Then handed it over...
She likes playing with the shoe strings and lacing them around each other.
But hasn't quite got it yet. I think this will really come in handy when we actually try to teach her how to tie her shoes.
MARBLE MAZE
(link found here: Marble Maze tutorial)
I LOVE THIS ONE!
Went to the local craft store and bought a tray and some dowel rods. Cut them at various lengths, then hot glued them down. Dropped a marble in and let the toddler roll it around to get from one end of the tray to the next.
She sat here for 45 MINUTES playing with this toy!
And it costs me less than $5 to make.
Don't you love her outfit in this photo?
Quite interesting... but that's what she wanted to wear... we weren't even going anywhere that day... I have no idea why she has her hat, sunglasses, and shoes on...
***♥***
I've been staring at my couch for weeks thinking those pillow cases I made a few years ago really need replacing.
They are OKAY... but I wanted to brighten it up a bit.
Oh Dresden Plate, how I love you.
You are so pretty and bright and lovely.
Much better, don't you think?
Emma has really been enjoying her "crafting corner" in my sewing room. She loves to color, paint, and draw when I'm in there working. I love spending this time with her.
Hard at work.
Until she realized I was taking her picture, then she started hamming it up. She was turning around and saying, "This is SERIOUS." And then giggling. I'm not sure what was serious, but it certainly had me giggling too.
She's recently showed interest in using scissors. So I bought her some kid-friendly scissors and printed out some letters... (for those who don't know, my brother & his wife are expecting in January and they are naming her Zoe)... I think she did a pretty good job cutting these out.
***♥***
Brooklyn is doing great too. We have a nice sleep/eat schedule set up now. She's such a good sleeper. She sleeps 7-8 hours through the night and 4-5 hrs of naps during the day. We have definitely lucked out in this department. Emma was also a great sleeper and still is. .
There are my girls!
Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are no longer eating leftovers.
Have a great week!




Great catch-up post Bev. Emma is a smartie and a cutie all right! Gosh with you engineering background, I'm almost surprised at how crafty you are. I have NO left side to my brain. It is completely void. sigh.......
ReplyDeleteI just finished my turkey salad yesterday. LOVE reading how smart Emma is. Sing it mama! You have every right to brag! The photo of Brooklyn sleeping is so sweet. So much to be thankful for! Love.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE reading about all how smart Emma is!! Go ahead and brag girl!! You are so smart and talented! Love all your craft ideas, wish I had a little one to use them!!! Emma's school pictures are adorable, I too love the curled toes! Brooklyn is getting so big and she is adorable! Glad she is such a good baby...you have amazing little girls! Thanks as always for sharing, I look forward to it!
ReplyDeleteMiss and love you,
Kathy
I hope to be half the mother you are. Undoubtedly one of the best teachers, believers, and inspirational woman I know. Like I said before, your blogs are the best and I love reading them and how much you are enriching your childrens lives. KEEP UP THE GREAT MOMMY WORK!
ReplyDelete