How are we halfway through November already?
I love this photo.
Emma likes to lay down beside Brooklyn when she gets tired.
So incredibly sweet.
I try to take a ton of photos so that Brian doesn't have to miss anything while he's away. He was home this weekend though and I'm so grateful for my sweet friend Lea for babysitting both girls for us Saturday night. We finally got to go out on a date to celebrate our anniversary (7 years on 23 Sept) and my birthday (earlier this month). It was so nice to go out to dinner just the two of us. ♥
Thank you Lea!
***♥***
We also received a few packages in the mail this weekend!
My friend, Aimee, made the girls matching stocking caps and a scarf. They are adorable!
Brooklyn being ornery.
Put that tongue back your mouth Missy!
Emma did NOT want to wear it.
Emma: "Take it off!!! Take it off!!!"
Me: "Let me take one more picture."
Emma: "Why do you do this to me?"
Me: "Because I love you."
(and it's funny)
Thank you Aimee... even if Emma doesn't like it, I do.
***♥***
And we got a box of goodies from Brian's sister, Katy. She also made us some hats, but after the above experience there was no way I was getting Emma back in a stocking hat. =D
Katy sent some scrap fabrics, which to any quilter is the greatest gift EVER. Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!
I let Emma have some fun with one of the smaller pieces of fabric.
ACTIVITY/CRAFT TIME
FABRIC CONFETTI
scissors
scrap of fabric
eager toddler wanting to use scissors
***She was highly supervised during this activity***
1. Cut up fabric into tiny pieces
2. Throw them in the air
Weeeeeee
Unfortunately, Brooklyn became an innocent bystander.
heheheheh
***♥***
Emma wanted to show you her bragging wall.
Used some 3M removable hooks, clothes pins, and a long piece of yarn to showcase her artwork.
LOVE IT.
HANDPRINT FLAG
paint
popsicle stick
pom poms
paper
glue
toddler hand
Happy Veteran's Day!
I said, "HAPPY VETERAN'S DAY!"
She gets a little goofy when it comes time to take pictures...
ANGEL GLITTER GLOBE
glitter
empty jar
figurine
super glue
TIP to remove sticky label from jar:
RUBBING ALCOHOL
Works like a charm!
Ok, Emma. Give it a shake.
Shakey Shakey Shakey
Ooooohh, so pretty.
***♥***
Brooklyn is starting to voice her opinion these days. Got a little bit of her "coo-ing".
again, please ignore my commentary
She's becoming more and more responsive and interactive. Her eyes focus on objects and faces. And the quickest way to make her smile is to give her a great big smile first. She loves it and will respond in kind. And some times when I go check on her during her naps, she is smiling in her sleep.
♥ my cup runneth over ♥
***♥***
While out in the garage, I came upon this not-so-welcomed visitor.
That's right.
That is a BLACK WIDOW!
I nearly pee'd my pants.
I hate spiders.
Especially ones that can actually do harm.
We've got a guy coming out to spray, but wow did this little booger scare the begeezus out of me!
***♥***
Well, I can't end a post with a spider, so here is my fashionista wearing a different hat. She apparently had no problems this morning putting this one on. Not sure why she doesn't like the purple one. sorry Aimee
She likes to stand like this for some reason.
There's my happy-go-lucky Brooklyn!
All smiles
Hope you all have a great week!
you are such a good mommy i Love you... i wish all moms were like you the world would be a much nicer place.... Love you Em and Brooklyn....you are truly blessed with the most loving parents <3
ReplyDeletegmabarb
Awwww, thanks for keeping us posted. Love to read your blog. Yeah, those darn black widows. I got em too. Still haven't called someone to spray.
ReplyDelete