Thursday, January 17, 2013

Oh the Joys of being a SAHM

Recently, Emma has found two kids' shows that she absolutely loves. 
 
 
and
 
 
Mind you, she is the ONLY one in this house that can tolerate these shows.
 
  If she doesn't find a new favorite soon, I might just have to change my job title from
 
Stay at Home Mom
 
to
 
Stay at Home Alcoholic!
 
just kidding... I wouldn't bother changing the job title, I'd just leave it the same
(hehehehehehhe)
 
But seriously, have any of you had the pleasure of watching them?  They are so ridiculous. 
 
At any rate, my kid LOVES them.  And one day while wasting time browsing around on eBay, I found some Wonder Pets beanie babies and thought I'd surprise her with them Friday after preschool.
 
So here they are being all quiet, waiting in her car seat, while I go in and get her.  Shhhhh...

"Oh what's this????"

"Linny!!!!"

"Awe, I love my Wonder Pets!"
 
She was over the moon thrilled!

As soon as we got home, she lined them up and started playing "school" with them.  It was really cute.

Then Brooklyn was like, "Hey, I want to play too."


Emma, "Hmmmm. I think not."
 
bawhahhaha - Brooklyn got over it pretty quick.  We played "patty cake, patty cake" OVER and OVER and OVER again.
 
******
 
Christmas came twice at our house!  We got our box of presents from my brother and SIL in Germany this week!
Brooklyn loves her owl carving!  She's giving them a virtual *fist bump* of approval.

and Emma has been reading her new vocab book that is in German.
 
Thanks guys!  We love our presents!
 
and oh by the way, Little Zoe could be making her appearance into this world any day now!  Her due date is next week.  So exciting!!!
 
******

Poor Emma has been feeling a little under the weather this week.  She's not been to preschool one day.  Just a really nasty cold.  No flu.  But she's so funny when she's sick. 
 
One minute she's laying on the couch, barely able to move.

The next minute, she wants to do watercolors.

Then she passes out on my legs.  My legs went COMPLETELY numb from her sleeping on them.

I figured since my legs were numb and I couldn't move, I'd make her a new hat.  So I picked her favorite character from Yo Gabba Gabba and crocheted this adorable thing.  His name is "Brobee". 
 
Surely, this would make her feel better.

Uhhhhh, NO.  Definitely did NOT lift her spirits.
 
Brooklyn said, "Girl, pull yourself together!  You are embarrassing." 
 
Then she got all cranky because I'd made Emma a new hat, but I didn't make her one.
 

So I said, "Fine.  I'll make you a hat."
 
I think this one is also adorable!  My little minion now has a minion hat.

And from the look on her face... I'd say, well, you can see for yourself, she was not impressed.

JUST KIDDING!  She loves it! ♥

Emma is warming up to her Brobee hat.  And starting to feel better.

Brooklyn was like, "Congratulations on your ability to create drama out of absolutely nothing."
 
bawhhahahhaha - true story.
 
******
 
Yesterday marked the 6th anniversary of my lupus diagnosis.  I still can't believe it's been that long.  And yet so much as happened since then:
I've had 2 healthy babies
the FDA approved a new drug which hasn't happened in over 50 years
and
TEAM KNAUP was created and has raised nearly $50,000 in the name of lupus.
 
Just wanted to say thank you again to my family, friends, doctors, and my wonderful husband and daughters for all your love and support.  I definitely consider myself one of the lucky ones.
 
******

So that's about it for this week.  Hope you are doing well and have enjoyed reading the all exciting adventures from our little corner of the world.
Brooklyn's already looking forward to next week's post!
 
Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I love how you tell the story! That little Brooklyn is just full of spunk. Big sister better watch out! I think you should make an album of all of Emma's crying hat pictures. They are so funny! Talk about bribery for the future!!!

    Have you seen the Yo Gabba Gabba episode about "There's a party in my tummy! So yummy! So yummy!" Kamydn sings it quite often. Nearly as obnoxious as the Dora episode when Benny the Bull sings "I play the drums! Bam bam ba bam bam!" YIKES!

    Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete