Thursday, January 24, 2013

Sad Passing, Getting Big, and Funny Hat photos

 Shortly after my post last week, we received a call that Gpa Knaup passed away.  The last time I saw Gpa Knaup was when this photo was taken back in 2009.
 
Brian, Emma (4 months), Gma Knaup, Bruce, & Gpa Knaup
 
Gpa Knaup was a very quiet, kind, gentle person.  We will miss him dearly, but at least he is reunited in heaven with Gma Knaup.  If you would like to read his obituary, you can find it HERE.
 
 
Emma was very sad that we did not get to go with Daddy on an airplane.  But since she'd been sick all last week with the croup and was still coughing pretty badly, we decided it was best to stay home.  So she decided to color up her wardrobe to cheer herself up.
 
******

Brooklyn was pretty excited to have her nights with Mommy while Daddy was back home with the rest of the family.
I asked her what she wanted to do, she said,
"Stay up all night watching movies!"
 
I said, "Okay, we'll watch ONE movie tonight."

Not even FIVE seconds later and she's out cold!
So I watched a movie by myself. =D
 
She's getting so big these days.
For example: 
...she can shove her fist in her mouth...

and ROLL OVER!
 
Her neck is getting pretty strong, so I thought I would try her out in her jumperoo.

She was not totally convinced this was a good idea.  I think it freaked her out that her feet weren't touching the floor anymore.

So I lowered the seat a little and then she liked it!
 
Well, until I tried to get her on video to show Brian that she was doing really well in the jumperoo
 
Pretty sure I just lost my nomination for
"Mother of the Year" award with this!
 
I promise, she's perfectly fine.  She didn't even get a red spot.  But I sure felt bad... once I stopped laughing.
 
Trying to set a good example, I encouraged her to get back on that horse, even when she falls.  So I put her back in and she seemed to be in a little more control.

However, she did give me the COLD SHOULDER for a while after that.
 
And I swear, she's just like my Uncle Mike, you leave him alone for more than a minute and he's snoring like crazy.  Brooklyn - exact same way!
 
******
 
I have been in a crocheting mood lately!  Just since last week's post I made these hats!  I've really gotten into crocheting while running, jogging, okay okay, walking on the elliptical.  I tracked my miles, and I've put in 12.5 miles while crochet-exercising!  Not a bad way to burn calories.
 
 
These are not my patterns, well not all of them.  Most I found on the Internet.  If you click on the names below, they will take you to the pattern.
 
(see pic of Brooklyn below)
 
The hats that are not linked, I just adapted the basic stocking hat pattern and added my own little touches.
 
 
This hat is for my soon to be arriving niece, Zoe.  Literally, any moment now, she is expected to enter the world!  Can't wait to hear the good news!
 
******

It is kind of a running joke that after I make a new hat, I have Emma try it on to make sure it fits a child's head.  And no matter what, she BAWLS!  So the following photos are for pure entertainment purposes only.
Lego Man Head

Red Monster

Bearded Hat

BAWHAHAHAH - who put this on here! 
 
This is so creepy, I can barely look at it. 
But it is hilarious. 

The Lorax
 
Seriously, Emma, it's not that bad. 
Poor thing.  She has such a mean mommy!
 
******

Brooklyn has started giving hugs and kisses when you put things within arms reach. 
Giving her sea horse lots of kisses!

Happy Baby!
 
Hope you all are feeling well.  Thanks for stopping by and have a FanTasTic weekend!!!

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about Brians Gramps. Both girls are just growing so fast. Now about those hats. LOL Love them; but, poor Emma. At least she will have something to tell Oprah about when she is an adult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i Love You Guys!!1
    gma barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just what I needed. Thank you for the smiles. The hat torture is just the best and truly makes me laugh out loud when I see them. lol The bearded hats are the best! Brooklyn rolling over?! What will Emma think when she's totally on the move? What a great little family you have. Love you all. Hugs to you and Brian for Gpa Knaup.

    ReplyDelete