Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween, Haircuts, Baby Humor & Hiking!

HaPpY HaLLoWeEn!
This week was so much fun.
 
Emma's preschool hosted a Halloween Party on Friday, so our little lady bug couldn't wait to show us around her school.
 


Miss Sara is Emma's FAVORITE teacher's aide

And we can't forget Miss Jackie either.
 
They had little games set up for the kids.  At this one particular booth, the child is supposed to stand OUTSIDE the tent and toss a bean bag into the triangle thing.
 
So the guy hands Emma a bean bag and tells her to give it a toss and he will give her a piece of candy.
What does my child do????

That's RIGHT.  Walks INSIDE the tent so she can literally PLACE the bean bag in the triangle opening.

He thought this was hilarious.  He said no other kid had done that.  I was standing there just shaking my head.  Oh child, what am I going to do with you?
 
I guess that's one way to achieve 100% accuracy. 
 
Well done, Smarty Pants, Well done.
♥♥♥

There was also a lady there drawing the kids in their costumes.
What a neat idea to have at a party!
 
And then, of course, Emma had to introduce one of her boyfriends to dear old Dad.
 
It was the cutest thing I've ever seen.  And that little boy is just as in love with Emma as she is with him. I don't think Brian expected the *boy crazy* stage to start so soon.

Oh but it HAS.  She talks of 3 different boys every day in the car when I pick her up.
 
******

Brooklyn got dressed up for the occasion as well.  Although, she was less than impressed with my DIY costume.
 
She wouldn't even look at me. 
 
Then I told her she had to wear it to the party because all the other kids were dressed up too

Oh she was NOT happy.
bawhahhahahah
Look at that pouty cry!
(This photo makes me laugh. out. loud. every time)
 
******
 
On Saturday we headed BACK to the pumpkin patch!
 
My little *goat whisperer*
 
Tried to get a photo of both of us looking at the camera... not happening.
 

She just kept wanting to go back to the goats!
 
So we had her pick out a pumpkin for her and Brooklyn and headed home to decorate them! 

Isn't that cute?
Pipe cleaner hair, googly eyes, and a pom pom nose. 
The *no-carve* way to decorate a pumpkin.

Don't you love how little she decorated Brooklyn's pumpkin?  Quite the minimalist.  Also, notice how much smaller Brooklyn's pumpkin is compared to Emma's?  hehehehehh - so funny.
 
******
 
Sunday was a pretty big day for Emma.  I took her with me to get my hair cut and she ALSO got her hair cut! (Just a trim - I can't bring myself to cut her beautiful hair!) 
 
She waited so patiently for her turn.  Gma Barb was very thoughtful in getting out the crayons.

I love their faces in this photo!  I can't remember what was said, but it looks pretty funny.

Trimming the bangs.

Then a little off the back.  Gma Barb was so sweet.  She even kept a curl for me to put in her baby book. 

Awe, two beautiful ladies.
Thank you Gma Barb for making Emma's first haircut so special!

And of course, what is a haircut without a special treat?
 
******
 
The many faces of Brooklyn
 
I've been hovering over her while she sleeps because she does the funniest stuff when she dreams.
 
Resting peacefully.

Telling me to get out of her face so she can sleep.
hehehehhe

And there it is.  That little grin that is loaded with smirky sarcasm.  She thinks she's SO funny already at 8 weeks old.
 
I absolutely love watching her sleep.
 
****** 
 
The other day, she was having a hard time falling asleep.  Brian tried everything.  He rocked her, walked with her, sang to her, fed her, changed her diaper... nothing would soothe her. 
 
I picked her up and she went right to sleep.  Pretty sure she was just so exhausted that it wouldn't have mattered who picked her up, but Brian is convinced that I'm her favorite.
 
I tried to tell him otherwise, but then Brooklyn pointed her finger again and confirmed his theory. 
BAWHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAA
Brooklyn - you are HILARIOUS.
 

Look at that precious little thing.
 
******
Ok, LAST picture, I promise.

 
Brooklyn and I have been enjoying the beautiful weather and walking up near the aqueduct.  What a great view of the valley!  I really love living where we live.  Lots of sunshine, clear blue skies, and a view that goes on for miles.
 
Thanks for stopping by
and
have a great week everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Love reading your blogs, they always make my day full of sunshine! The girls are just beautiful! I can't wait to see the little one, I just hope she's not 3 or 4 before I get too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your newsy post Bev. Thanks for sharing your Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  3. precious and blessed.....Love you all.... sweet angel family....
    Love...Gma barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love reading your blogs! Emma is so funny and smart! Poor Brian with the boys....he needs a shirt that says DADD (Dads Against Daughters Dating) LOL! Brooklyin is getting big too and so cute! Great to see you finally...you look great Bev! Brooklyn know how hard you worked to get her here!
    Lots of love and hope to see you soon.
    Love Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a great birthday
    Katy

    ReplyDelete