Sunday, November 4, 2012

Ostrich Ranch and Turning 31

Have you ever seen an ostrich this close?!
They are HUGE. 
The biggest one was 10 feet tall and weighed 540 lbs.
 
 
We visited a local place called
 
It was pretty AWESOME.

 
We even got to feed them.
 
(ignore my commentary)

These are the baby ones. 
The owner said they grow a foot a month for the first 6 months of their lives.  That's crazy!
 
At first, Emma was a little intimidated by them, but then she came around and really thought they were neat.

She even got to take one home.

My little animal lover. 
I predict a veterinarian as a possible career choice.
 
******

Poor Brian, he's trying his best to get Brooklyn to go to sleep. 
He's even recruited Emma's help.
 
Emma's approach is sort of a mix between the *tough love* method
 
and the

*this too shall pass* - wait it out method
 

Ahhh, well done.  I think between the two of them, they've got a good system in place.
 
I've been telling Brian that he should just sing to her, she goes right to sleep.
 
Please excuse my horrible, acapella singing...
but it's kind of funny how quickly she quiets down and goes to sleep. 
 
ps - I realize NOW that I've been singing the last line wrong since ... well... probably forever. 
 
Not really sure why.  It doesn't really fit or make any sense.
 
Brooklyn hasn't corrected me yet, 
She's so stinkin' cute!
 
******

Sunday is Brian's favorite day, why you may ask?
 
A little thing called...
 
 
And at the Knaup house we rally behind
 

 
 
Well, most of us do ...
Brooklyn appears to be less than enthusiastic
about supporting Green and Gold.
(oh if looks could kill)
 
And since today was my birthday, I thought it would be sweet to get a nice photo of the girls together.
 
 
They apparently thought otherwise. 
This photo is hilarious.
 
Emma wasn't really feeling the Packer Pride today, so she decided to treat me to a Sunday matinee for my birthday.
 
We went and saw
Again.  We've seen it a few times now.  I'm thinking she likes it because of the red hair. ;)
 
Disney really did an amazing job with this movie.  Great story.  Strong female characters.  Appropriate humor for little ones.  Good solid message.  Definitely adding it to our dvd collection.
 
******
 
My birthday was great!  Thank you to everyone who texted, called, emailed, or left messages on Facebook!   
♥♥♥

 
Brian asked me how it felt to be 31.
 
I said, "Pretty great actually."
 
I don't mind getting older.  I'm honestly just grateful to be taking another trip around the sun!  I may not have the best health, but considering the health I have, I feel really good.  I have amazing friends and family, two beautiful, healthy daughters, and a husband who loves me unconditionally.  A roof over my head, food on my table, and clothes on my back... yep, turning 31 feels pretty good.
 
Thank you all for making this birthday a special one!
 
LOVE

5 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday Bev. How did I miss that? I love your singing. I remember singing to calm a baby; works every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blogs Bev! Looks like you had a fun day! The girls are so so cute! I loved Brooklyn's face while you sang to her. A beautiful family inside and out!
    Love Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sing beautifully! I would be quiet and listen too! Amazing Grace always makes me tear up ... or sob. Even when Bob the Tomato sings it. lol I'm a sap!

    Ostriches are neat to watch. Giant, but neat. Great post for a great day.Loves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do sing Beautifully! Glad to hear your birthday was great . Many more to come .

    ReplyDelete
  5. great to see all the fun you have been having you deserve it, keep smiling Katy

    ReplyDelete