Thursday, March 14, 2013

A Great Week with Great Friends!

Old friends,
new friends,  
and
lots of littles
filled our house this weekend!
 
Slight photo overload.
I'll try to keep the story telling to a minimum.  :D
 
 
We baked our guests some goodies before they arrived.

She is becoming quite the baker/chef these days! 
 
Emma likes to yodel when she's in the kitchen waiting for stuff to finish baking:
My Aunt Yvonne says that my Great Aunt Theo used to yodel... I'm going to have to take her word on that.  Not only did I not know that, but I'm not even sure I ever met an Aunt Theo?  I'll have to ask Dad if he remembers.

******

This is so so so sweet!
I still can't believe Emma let Raelyn do her hair!
 
******

Ahhhh, how times have changed! 
Two littles playing on iPhones...
my oh my. :D

Hugs!!
(photo courtesy of Mr. Bill)

Hilarious.  The boys were heading on base to look at some planes, you know, to go see guy stuff... however, they had to take Brooklyn because Lyndsay, Lea and I were taking the other 3 to Barnes & Noble for story hour.  So they *owned* their man cards by strutting around with the pink accessories. hehehehe
 
******

Emma was so excited that Mr. Bill got in her hammock and listened to her read a few books.
Thank you Mr. Bill, you made her day!
 
******

Of course, you know, if you come to visit us, we're going to show you our favorite breakfast spot:  the airport!
So cute!

We let the kids burn off some energy (and sugar from the syrupy pancakes they inhaled for breakfast) before heading to the ocean!
 
******

I love love love love LOVE this picture!
Thank you Miss Eve for holding Emma's hand and taking her out to put her toes in the water.

 

Raelyn found a sand dollar!
Cutie-pa-tootie pie!

I love this photo of Lyndsay and her girls.
 
******

Brook-Brook and I did our best to find shade.  I was covered head-to-toe with sunscreen, long sleeves, pants, and a hat.  And she got to snuggle under our makeshift tent.  Next time I'm bringing our big umbrella!

Can you stand the cuteness of that little girl! 
She has the biggest smile and sweetest sounding voice!
 
******

What better way to end a visit then by horsey rides.
 

Poor Raelyn! 
I think your cowgirl weighs as much as you do.  heheheh
 
We had a great time with our guests this weekend. 
I hope to see them all back here soon!
 
******

Mr. Bill and Miss Eve bought Brooklyn a whoopi cushion, but I think Emma got a bigger kick out of it!  She'd step on it and say, "OOooooooooohh, that's nasty!"  and then step on it again.
 
******
 
 
This photo is so funny to me.  We went to story hour again and Emma did not care for Ms. Marie's choice of book that day, so she grabbed another book off the shelf and sat quietly in the back and read a book to herself.  I love Brooklyn's big ole grin too!

Afterwards, my little bookworm, fell asleep with her book on her during nap time.
 
******

The many expressions of Brook-Brook
Her smile is so contagious!
 
******

We have had some awesome weather this week.  So we've been able to spend lots of time outside on the patio that Brian built earlier this year. ♥


Brook-Brook likes it so much she takes her naps outside.
 
******

BIG announcement.  We are on rice cereal now!
Pretty sure she is shaking her fist at me in this photo!
Sheesh, woman!  Take it down a notch!
bahwhawhawhahwah

Definitely NOT a fan of cereal at this point.
(oh if looks could kill)
 
******

I so wish this picture was not blurry.  But I love it anyway.
 
******

Well that's it from our part of the world.  Hope you all have a great week!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
 
Be sure to check our homeschooling blog this weekend!  We've been pretty busy with that as well.  Hope to have it posted by Saturday!
 

3 comments:

  1. Love that you keep us up to date on your happenings. Did you see Google Reader is going away? Not a happy campler here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful as usual! Lots happening in your world, that's for sure. The airport pics ... I want to eat there again! I LOVE naps outside! Brooklyn is a nature girl! lol Love to all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing these pics! I need to put our pics up on fb or blog. These pics are so precious!

    ReplyDelete