Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter Weekend and Other Fun Stuff

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend!
 
We had lots of fun and were completely spoiled!!!  Lots of presents, cards, and cold hard cash from the grandparents! Thank you all so much!
 
 

(sorry for the blurry photo - she was so excited it had trains on it that she wouldn't sit still)
Her favorite activity right now is putting together puzzles. 

The Leap Frog TAG pen is really cool too!  She loves this!
 
One of the books that Gma Jill sent us is a Wonder Pets book.  And after reading it to Emma for bed one night, she mentioned that she wanted to be a Wonder Pet too.  So I whipped up this shirt and cape for her and surprised her with it the next morning.

I'd say I had one satisfied customer!

She kept running and spinning around so that her cape would *fly*.

She even wore it to the park for the big Easter Egg Hunt! 
I could easily spot her in the crowd! heheheh  Luckily, Emma's sweet little friend Bella didn't mind one bit. ♥
 
******
 
Sunday we put on our Easter clothes and headed to church.  I wanted Brian to get a picture of us and this was by far the best one:

Pretty good I'd say.
 
Let me show you some of the outtakes!

Quite possibly my favorite!!! 
 
I don't know what is funnier,
the fact that Emma is MELTING down for no reason at all
or
the look on Brooklyn's face. 
Priceless.

Brooklyn has been working on her first tooth for a while now and she found my necklace to be a great chew toy.
 
And did not give it up easily.
 
After Emma composed herself, I was able to get a few shots of her in her pretty dress.

She's lost her baby look and is turning into a pretty little lady.

and I think she knows it.

She may look all sweet and fun-loving, but if you try to sneak a goldfish out of her bowl at church... WATCH OUT.

After church our sweet friend Lea joined us for Easter lunch, which Brian prepared ALL by himself!
 
Who's a lucky girl???
 
ME!
 
It was delicious!
 
During lunch, the Easter Bunny was busy outside hiding some eggs!
 
This was the first year she really got into to it.

 
She found all the eggs!

So much fun!  I can't wait till next year when Brooklyn will be out there hunting eggs too!
 
******
 
I try to take photos of the girls together on a regular basis and occasionally I get a good one. 
 
Not this week.

First, Emma has her hands in her mouth and Brooklyn isn't even looking.

Then Brooklyn has her hands in her mouth and Emma isn't looking... actually, neither of them are looking.

Emma is looking and Brooklyn is ... I have no idea what Brooklyn is doing.
 
Posing?

Emma is too distracted by the tv and Brooklyn says, "Oh, I have a great idea.  I know how we can get a great picture..."

"Boot Emma off the chair and just a take a picture of me!"
 
heheheheh
 
******
 

Poor Emma has been sick this past week and spent most of it on the couch.  But she's starting to feel better, I think it was just a stomach bug.

So I got to spend lots of 1 on 1 time with this little one.  I've been introducing her to different geometric shapes:  spheres, cylinders, ...
 
She's been introducing me to the subtle art of "flipping the bird"
 
BROOKLYN! 
 
Knock it off or I'm not taking your picture anymore!
 
(just kidding, I think it makes me want to take her picture even more, just to see if she'll do it again!)
 
Beautiful weather again this week, so I thought I'd let Brooklyn play in the grass.

She's apparently not a fan of sitting in the grass.

At. All.

Ok, ok.  Sheesh woman, just relax.  You can sit in the lazy boy.
 
Oh this girl and her expressions. 
She says so much without even uttering a word.
 
AND I'm happy to announce, she cut her first tooth last night!!!  Her bottom front right one poked through!  Wooo Hooooooo
 
******
 
And last but not least, if you see THIS guy
around this weekend, be sure to wish him a Happy Birthday (Sunday)!
 
The girls and I have been working on a few gifts for him.
 
I spotted these ideas from this BLOG.

Ok, Ok, this one is really more for me.  I think capturing the girls' footprints at this age will make for a great gift for them in the future.  But I do love the message in the poem, Walk with Me, Daddy by Helen Bush.

And these are Emma's responses to the interview questions on the blog.  Just have to print it out and have her sign her name at the top.  How great is this?
 
Tomorrow we shall be working on baking and decorating a cake for him to eat on Sunday.
 
 
 
That pretty much sums it up for us this week.  Tomorrow I'll be posting over at my homeschooling blog.  In case you missed last week's post, click HERE.
 
Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. Looks like another good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many wonderful things happening there. Brooklyn is changing so much and her hair is filling in. She's definitely her own person. Emma is changing, too. No more baby girl look. Your crafty education for them is doing very well. How fun it is!

    Happy Birthday Brian - I hope the girls spoil you like you do them! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete